Halloween is coming up and that means pumpkin flavored everything. Pumpkin spice lattes are only the beginning. Now we have pumpkin Oreos, Cheerios, energy bars, dog foods and delicious ice creams. Enjoy it while you can because word on the street is that maple flavoring is trying to take over the pumpkin season. Below are some pumpkin facts taken from King Halloween’s Pumpkin Fact’s post. These are just a few examples of the fun facts posted.
Let’s Talk Pumpkins
- People still enjoy the ever growing list of pumpkin flavored products. Record high sales were reported for 2017.
- China is the biggest producer of pumpkins. However, many of them go towards animal feed.
- Cucurbitophobia is a severe fear of pumpkins. What are you afraid of?
- Pumpkins come in many colors.
- Most parts of the pumpkin are edible... and delicious.
- Pumpkin soups are a delicious food trend that is expected to continue and spread throughout the 2018 season.
Guinness World Records With Pumpkins
There are also great facts about pumpkins listed at the Guinness World Records website. The site is maintained well and updated with the latest records, which is great because there are a lot of outdated records listed on Halloween blogs and sites.
You can find records like the largest pumpkin pie, heaviest pumpkin and largest pumpkin sculpture on the Guinness site. There are also some unexpected records like fastest 100 meter paddled in a pumpkin, most people carving pumpkins simultaneously and fastest time to carve a pumpkin underwater. The largest lit jack-o-lantern display by Keene Pumpkin Festival is a record worth looking at too.
I recommend both the King Halloween site and the Guinness World Record site as fun resources for pumpkin facts in 2018.